Mission and Vision Statement
An Orphan’s Wish is a ministry of dedicated volunteers striving to reflect God's heart by caring for and improving the lives of orphans in China. Through child sponsorships and donations we support orphans with special needs residing at the House of Love in the city of Guilin.
"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27
With this mission in mind, we will strive towards these goals:
- To obtain sponsorships for each child at the House of Love to support their ongoing care.
- To advocate for these children to find loving adoptive homes.
- To find suitable long term placement in cases where adoption is not possible.
- To support the best possible physical and emotional care to the children housed at the House of Love.
- To maximize every donation received in order to benefit the children at the House of Love.
- To increase awareness of the orphan and the reality that each child, regardless of physical or medical handicap, is uniquely created and deserves to be treated as such.
- To facilitate an ongoing relationship with the local Chinese community in Guilin, raising awareness and encouraging involvement in our efforts at the House of Love.